Saturday, March 27, 2010

Racsim In Ameria

Last Wednesday I attended an open forum regarding race relations in the United States. It was a great open forum that was organized by the UNT collegiate chapter of the National Association of Black Journalist. We talked about the question "Is Our President black or biracial?" I posed the comment that our president is black and according to the Jim Crow laws in the south that where abolished in 1964, if a person has one-tenth of black blood in there body, they are considered to be black/negro/african-america whatever they may be calling us now days. We also discuss the question, "Is racism still prevalent in the USA?" I believe as long as I can still still hear about nooses on college campuses or people openly calling young ladies "nappy headed hoes" racism is still around.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Kennis, for coming to the forum and for adding your comments. I appreciate it. Thanks, too, for your posts here. I count four posts about the class, so add a few more if you want to raise your blogging grade. BLOG GRADE: B

    ReplyDelete